Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm goin' out to Cali.....

But unfortunately my bag didn't get the same journey.

Yet.....

Southwest knows where my bag is.  It just didn't make it to San Jose the same time I did.  It actually made it four hours after I did and could take another one to four hours for them to get it to me.  Which we are going on hour two now.

On the bright side, the weather is 65+ degrees and sunny with a slight north by northwest wind and the scenery couldn't be more beautiful.  For those of you who don't know, I work at a bike shop.  We sell Specialized bikes and my boss has sent me out to Morgan Hill California for the past two years to get training directly from Specialized on how to sell and market their products.

Our inside sales rep is an awesome dude and he let me barrow his Langster for the day.  Being a little miffed about my bag I cruised out and checked out the local bike shops and then hit the local trail.  All together I rode about 15 miles and it was amazing.  Everything was in my bag except for my pedaling shoes and pedals, and my computer.  So I put on my pedals, slid on my sunglasses, turned my hat backwards to keep it from blowing away and pushed off.  Yes Mom, I didn't wear a helmet.  IT WAS IN MY BAG THAT STILL HASN'T SHOWN UP!!!!!

Pedaling in street clothes with no destination and no deadlines I think is the best meditation and therapy in the world.  Just pedaling.

2 comments:

  1. Dude it was awesome. 65 plus degrees the whole time and got to ride all kinds of sweet bikes. Including the S-Works Tarmac SL3 with Di2. Pretty nice. Also go to ride on S-works Roubiax and Tricross.

    ReplyDelete

What this is about...

It is me making commentary on life as I wade through, trying to avoid the sink holes. Maybe you'll laugh; maybe I will offend, or maybe you will just sit back and think….

I'm not trying to change my world... just survive it.